Most Sundays you can find me preaching and providing leadership for worship at Colonial Heights United Methodist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee. If you live here or are swinging through town, I’d love to get the chance to meet you.
If what I’m working through over here speaks to you, inspires you or is simply something you would like to learn more about, I would be happy to talk with you about speaking at your church, with your group or program or at your event.
Here are a few topics I have some thoughts and maybe some wisdom about, but as you can probably guess, this isn’t an all-inclusive list.
- Faith in the Ordinary: We talk about big ideas and dreams for following Jesus on Sunday mornings, but how do we live out our faith in real ways when we go to work and school and when we have to pay the bills and clean up the dishes. What does it look like to live the rhythms of sin, forgiveness, grace and repentance as an actual Christian on the so-called normal days?
- Learning Prayer and Other Spiritual Practices: A lot of us long for a deeper connection with God but have no idea where to start. Fortunately, God has given us spiritual disciplines and other means of grace to connect with us and help us begin living what the Bible calls the life that truly is life.
- The Methodist Way of Being Christian: Like most denominations, the Methodist movement isn’t without its challenges. But it also has incredible gifts to offer. What does a particularly Methodist way of being a Jesus follower look like and how can you and I rediscover the gifts of this way of doing church and following Jesus?
- The Church and New Media: A former newspaper reporter and director of communications for a large mainline church, I share tips and advice for advancing your message without losing your values and being overwhelmed by everything you don’t know. Topics can include, newsletters, web and social media, crisis management, policies and procedures, helpful programs and services.
- Who Am I Going to be When I Ever Grow Up: How do we learn who God is making us to be and how do we spend the one life God has given us? How does the Bible help us with these questions and what are the spiritual practices that can sustain us throughout our lives as we continually come back to these questions. I’ve been part of several young adult discernment events and retreats and would be happy to talk about what I’ve learned in my life and from other young leaders.
If I’ve written something that you would like to hear more about, just ask me. For more information on booking me for a speaking engagement, contact me!